Friday 23 November 2012

Why I didn't do any sewing on Thursday

   I went to Guides last night - I must be an excellent diplomat now, because I spent the evening listening to small people who think that they are clever/funny. You can read some very detailed information about Guiding in my post which is called, incidentally, Guiding.

  The idea of the meeting that week was to sew some Guide badges on our blankets, teach people to sew if they can't, work on some Unit blankets, etc (at Guides, you blanket is where you record your achievements, not just to keep you warm). I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to catch up because I had six badges to sew on. It was an hour-and-a-half session and guess how many badges I sewed? Half of one.
 
   Here is a list of reasons why I didn't do any sewing.
  •  For the first twenty minutes or so, we were doing a different activity which I'd forgotten about.
  • Then our Guide leader Heather talked at us for another half an hour about how we could lay out our badges and what she put on her blanket and the different options we had and... I was thinking, you know, I'd actually like to get on with it now? All the small people are finding this fascinating, but... 
  • I was doing so many good deeds. I lent out so many needles, scissors and thread - and advice and help - that I could have set up a shop. That's what comes of being organised! At least I have a few favours I can call in now.
  • There was a break for hot chocolate and biscuits. :D
  • The younger leader, Olive, asked us to do a design task. My brain jumped up and said ooh! Art! When I popped back to look for my lost shoe (which I never did find), no one noticed me because everyone was crowding round something going 'Whose design is this? I think it's Alimonsoon's. It's really good!' :) I'm glad I heard that.
And that is why I only had one-half of one badge sewn on by the end of the ninety-minute session.





No comments:

Post a Comment