Wednesday 21 November 2012

My biggest challenge

 My biggest challenge today was getting to school in the morning. I was having a disturbing dream about something or other and woke up really late when someone bashed on my door. Again, I thought it was my mum telling me to get up, but then the door opened Small Person No#2 pottered in saying 'You've got to see my igloo!' I assured him that I'd look at it once I'd got dressed and sheepdogged him out of the room. Got dressed, ate food, did my hair and wanted to use the bathroom but Marmalade was in there, burning a small hole in the ozone layer with her hairspray.
How am I supposed to open this?
  When she was done I went into the bathroom only to find that my darling sister Marmalade had used up all the TOOTHPASTE, so I went to find the emergency toothpaste tube, only I couldn't get it out of the packaging, so I had to find my dad, who was changing out of his wet clothes after walking the dog in the rain, to open it using sheer brute force. By the time I was ready for school it was too late to cycle so I got a lift with my dad and Marmalade. The aforementioned darling sister didn't want to go because she was reading her teen romance novel, which probably had vampires in it.

  Once we were in the car we got stuck in traffic, then rounded a corner and got stuck in more traffic. It probably would have been faster to walk.

  Escape the traffic, park close to the school, end up with three minutes to walk the ten-minute journey the rest of the way, try to move fast through three inches of mud, join the blob of mildly late students migrating down the school drive, avoid the puddles on the way to your tutor room, take the side stairs because the main stairs are entirely congested ... and you've made it! At least it's too wet too film your drama pieces outside like the teacher threatened to.

 May I add that Small Person No#1 has just started playing her trumpet again. I can hear my brain cells vibrating already.

No comments:

Post a Comment