Saturday 10 November 2012

The houses of my ancestors

50 pageviews! I never thought I'd get that high!
Just now I have been finding the addresses of some of my great-grandparents, whose information I got from the 1911 census records (because I'm a bit sad like that). My great-great-great grandfather, called William, lived here:
William's house
He was the 61-year-old head of a comfortable 4-room house. Meanwhile, his son, who was also called William, lived somewhere round here:

William II's house
 

 

 
He was 23 but had got a job at a printing press; however, he couldn't afford his own house yet and was living as a boarder. He didn't know that one day he would marry the girl who lived here-ish:
Mry's house
 

 
Her name was Mary, she was 26 and had her own little shop which was converted from her house.
 
Personally I find that very interesting, because I'm a bit of a nerd really. I wrote another short story this morning, it's called 'Guilt', I don't know if you want to see it.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment