Thursday 8 November 2012

Late

 An orthodontist appointment this morning. Today was a school day so that involved a lot of faff: you have to get a pass out to have permission to leave school, and you have to inform the teacher, and you have to go to the main reception to sign out. Once you're in the car you're safe until you get into town because there are never any parking spaces. But once you manage to get inside the surgery you sign in... and then wait. My normal orthodontist, a tiny Polish woman called Dr Rocha, is very efficient and always runs on time - but today I had Dr Harper, who is so late that the word "appointment" is just a reference point.
 It was a short appointment and she told me that I'd be able to have my braces off in three months or so (celebrations! I've already had them on for eighteen months!). Then I went back to school, having missed half of my maths lesson and all of French.
 I have been invited to another thing which may have the potential to be an amazing thing: it's a trip specifically for Gifted and Talented people (that's me, obviously!) to a place called Tirabad in Wales where you do awesome stuff like caving and jumping off waterfalls. There's also a lot of team-building and "personal development" stuff, which I hate, but I will attempt to get into the trip anyway because I think it would stupid to miss it. Once-in-a-lifetime, etc.
 There was a meeting about the trip today after school, but running with the theme of "late", I was so late that I didn't turn up at all. I got the days mixed up because the next meeting about the Somme assembly is on Friday, so I had meeting on Friday lodged in my head and forgot about the meeting on Thursday. I've emailed the organiser of the trip so hopefully it isn't too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment