Sunday 18 November 2012

Elvyn

My original drawing
This is my completed drawing.  You cannot see it at all, which is a shame because it's quite good. But today I scanned it in and spent about three hours refining it, so:
My refined drawing
 
And there you go. The shading is really bad but it's hard to do on a computer program.
 
His name, as you can see, is Elvyn and he is a character from my fantasy story. That drawing is the first one I have ever done of him so he isn't doing anything interesting because I'm just establishing what he looks like. He is from an elite group of travelling traders called the roamers, and is very good at everything because he's been doing it all since age two: woodwork, needlework, storytelling, poetry, dancing. Like all roamers, he likes money a lot, and basically if something will get him money he will do it. He's smooth-talking and cunning and he has a lot of pockets because he keeps absolutely everything in pockets, like his money and a spare hat. (He has some huge pockets). He's no good in close combat but that's what the massive longbow is for. You can just about see that he has a handicap: the last two fingers of his hand are curled over and he can't use them. I like to give my characters handicaps because it avoids creating perfect characters, which makes it more realistic because NOBODY'S PERFECT.
 
Apart from the drawing, the other thing I did today was go to the LIBRARY. Yay! And I found a couple of books that I've been looking for for a while...
 
One other thing I want to say: not one person has actually viewed my post from a few days ago called 'Ramblings of a Nerd'. Can you click on it now, just to make me happy? It's in the menu just up there and to the right. ^^^^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment