Saturday 22 December 2012

Why I fail

 First of all, the world didn't end and we didn't all die. When it got to eleven o'clock (the world was supposed to end at 11:11 am) my friends and I were doing a really loud countdown, and then silence at the end when nothing at all happened... Then two of them dressed up as Santa and hid under my maths teacher's desk... but that's another story.

 Second of all, I FAIL.
 I will tell you why. I TOTALLY fail at sticking to one thing at a time! I've already told you about my inability to finish my Greek short story before starting my other one. I told myself that after I'd finished Dracula (which I have; it was pretty good) I would go for another classic: Heidi. (I'm also reading Oliver Twist. Do you see my point here?) And yet I spent all day reading a really brilliant book called 'Feeling sorry for Celia'. It's all in the form of notes and letters and postcards, not a traditional novel structure. And reading it reawakened my old desire to write a story in that kind of style - so I now want to ditch my current story 'Little Brass Town' and start on that!

 The notes-and-letters-story-idea is called 'Dear Daniel', or it might be called 'The city is watching', because I think 'Dear Daniel' sounds too wishy-washy.

 The other thing about 'Feeling sorry for Celia' (I seem to be using quotation marks a lot right now) is that a lot of it is in letters between a girl and her penfriend. That also reminded me that for a long time I've thought it would be cool to have a penfriend. But, by writing this blog, I can be penfriends with the whole world! It's just a shame that the world doesn't write back.

 My mum wouldn't let me have a penfriend, I don't think. She has a problem with sending messages to people we don't know.

 I'm looking forward to Christmas! This year my family is hosting the big family celebration. However, I want to stop writing now because, as I've said, this laptop is broken and I'm really scared it's going to crash before I can publish this.






No comments:

Post a Comment