Tuesday 4 December 2012

The crazy pirate story

 My crazy friend Megan, my sister Marmalade and I have been challenged to make a comic book. I've shown you some of my drawings and I love doing stories too; Megan and Marmalade are kind of the same, although Marmalade has more of a problem with writing her story ideas because she's always doing something else, like her nails. Megan does sweet manga love stories - her favourite is Romeo and Juliet - so she kept suggesting sweet manga-ish storylines and we had to yell at her a few times.

 Anyway, we had a heated discussion and ended up settling on the idea of a vengeful pirate. Megan insisted that the pirate captain employ twin crew members called Jolly and Roger (not their real names); Marmalade adopted the character Roger and made her into a little ginger girl who works in the galley, and I took on Jolly and made him be a depressed boy with an emo fringe. He's the lookout but they have to check up on him occasionally to make sure he hasn't jumped out of the crow's nest. You can really see why they call him Jolly. There may be something wrong with me: I love creating depressing characters. But he ends up happy in the end! I also have to draw the evil king. Megan's characters are the female pirate captain and her love interest.

 As for the plot, we eventually settled on a vague outline of what happens (Megan and Marmalade clashed over ideas a lot) and I've been scribbling down some ideas for individual scenes. Now I just have to convince the others to use my ideas!

Random bird fact: Flocks of chaffinches have been known to fly as high as 4000ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment