Friday 7 December 2012

Alimonsoon the elf

  I'm home alone tonight: my dad's at work, my mum's at the small peoples' school organising the Christmas Fayre and all my siblings are at my Gran's house. I stayed late at school doing art so I missed the chance to go to Gran's; instead I cycled home in the dark and then went to the school to be a little elf and help my mum. Then I went to the school again. It was quite awkward - I walked all around the school trying to find a way in, but it was all locked from the inside so I went back home to find my phone to ring my mum to get her to let me in.

  That challenge overcome, I set up the elf stall and sorted out some presents, and discovered that there is no comfortable way to carry three crates of presents to Santa's grotto. (It was actually the first time I'd ever seen inside the grotto - it was always to expensive. It was disappointing.) I always help out at the Fayre. I clear up afterwards: recycling the raffle tickets has always been my special job. Last year I helped out in the craft room. The year before, I sorted out the change at 'Pin the nose on the reindeer'. This year, I asked if she wanted me to help, and she said that they desperately needed someone to run the Hook-a-duck stall.

 O_O

Hook-a-duck is my FAVOURITE game. How weird! It's such a strange dream to come true.

 Eventually I went home to eat burnt toast and sardines, with cheese and a cup of strawberry juice, and then I ate a satsuma and a biscuit. Some people, when they're home alone, throw a wild party where everyone gets drunk and breaks stuff. No, thank you! I'd prefer to burn some toast and eat a satsuma.

 My Drops of Jupiter project will have to wait because the program I'm using SUDDENLY DIED, and my dad says he can fix it but that'll take a while. So that's on hold right now.

 As for the crazy pirate story, it's coming on very well - we just need to work on a few scenes. I spent my music lesson drawing a pirate with an emo fringe.

 Random otter fact: The otter is a member of the weasel family.

No comments:

Post a Comment