Monday 21 January 2013

Snow

Here's a tip: when it snows, don't walk behind an unpopular person. Everyone will throw snowballs at the unpopular person, and some people have really, really bad aim.

 I took the long way home so I could go through the park and see what the hill looked like. The poor hill. It's been sledged down to within an inch of its life. I didn't go sledging at the weekend: I went round my friend's house and we ate pringles and did each other's makeup. It's weird because neither my friend nor I are exactly normal teenage girls, however, when we're together, we can pretend we are. I've had all the lectures about not putting any personal details or real names on the internet, so for the purpose of this blog, my friend's name is going to be Taylor after a character in one of her stories. We have so much in common I often worry that I'm her clone. We both write stories and like fantasy, we both love Terry Pratchett (he's an author, if you don't know), we both love to draw, we both have self-esteem problems. She's so quiet she sometimes gets mistaken for part of the wallpaper, and I'm kind of socially awkward.

 Taylor (I'm going to have to remember to call her Taylor) wasn't in school today, so I read my book in he corner and let myself be ignored.

 Because of the snow, our school closed early on Friday and we skidded our way home. It also opened late this morning, so I woke up at normal school time, said 'Lol!', turned over and went back to sleep. Bliss!

 I've finished Heidi and now I'm reading Sherlock Holmes. I love Sherlock; he's so weird.

 Well, that's about everything I can think of.

 Here, why don't you watch the music video for Mr Brightside by The Killers? It's really cool. Also very weird, but it's my favourite song at the moment.

 Mr Brightside

No comments:

Post a Comment