Saturday 26 January 2013

Adam

 I just realised that I said in a post a long time ago I said I'd tell you about a character from one of my mini-stories. I will tell you now.
 He's about 30 years old and his name is Adam - no-one knows if that's his first name, surname, real name, chosen name, etc - he's just Adam.
 He works for a branch of the military who deal with things which the public never find out about :). He used to be a pilot, and he was the best one they had - until he got shot down, and then he was blown up and smashed about and broke his spine and got paralysed. So now he's in a command position - because he used to be a reconnaissance officer he's very good at deciding what a situation needs. So he sits in the control hub of this secret military thing, in a wheelchair, yelling at people. He smokes cigars - at least he used to; now he can't move his hand to get the cigar to his mouth. A quote from him is "I only used to smoke them on special occasions, but I tell you, kid, it'll be a special occasion when I can move my hand enough to smoke one."
 He was one of my favourite characters. I didn't want him to just diasappear, like a lot of my other characters have over the years - so I stuck him in one of my other stories. Sure, I had to twist the plot round to fit him in, but I just love the image of him sitting there in his wheelchair yelling at people and wanting to have a cigar.

 He's based on someone famous, and there are a few massive clues as to who he's based on, so you might be able to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment