Sunday 27 January 2013

Ruby Tuesday


 Well, I'm glad you enjoyed my very descriptive and informative post about geocaching in the dark. If anyone asks, right now I'm writing an essay on Hitler, OK?

 I've just discovered the wonders of headphones. I can turn The Fray or the Rolling Stones right up in my ears while I'm writing and then be dead to the rest of the world. Get this: I can't even hear my sister playing her trumpet! And Marmalade tries to talk to me occasionally but gives up when I stare at the screen of my laptop for a while and then suddenly look up and go "What?"

 I think I will listen to Maroon 5 next. She Will Be Loved.

 At the moment I'm working on a story about people who can see ghosts and spirits. They're called Betweeners because they can talk to people on both sides of the "thin blue line". There's one who's been around for centuries, but his physical appearance is still a nine-year-old boy because it never occured to him that he should grow up. Like Peter Pan, I guess. He says time doesn't have to apply to you if you don't want it to; not if you're a Betweener.

 Yay - The Man Who Can't Be Moved, by The Script! One of my favourite songs ever.

 And there's a ghost of a cowboy called Arizona - he was a Betweener until he got shot, and now he hangs around this other Betweener to help her out, and because she's one of the only people who can still see and hear him. Her name is Ruby Tuesday. Guess where I got that name from? Like the girl in the song, she's free and changes every day, and Arizona follows her around and lives on top of her fridge, because he's a ghost so he can fly.

 Time, I think, for One Republic.

 So the ancient nine-year-old pays Ruby Tuesday a visit and takes her with him on one of the Betweener missions, which is basically carrying messages between the dead and the living (like mediums, except they actually can contact the spirit world, while mediums are normally just very good at making things up) but sometimes they have to solve a murder or sort out a will. While they're on the mission he teaches Ruby all his tricks of cheating time, and she finds out some things about his past...

 On to the Goo Goo Dolls.

 Well, I think that's enough. However long I put it off, that Hitler essay is still due in on Tuesday.











No comments:

Post a Comment