Monday 25 February 2013

Sequels

 Yesterday, I wasted my first hour on Facebook. I now know that I'm a real teenager.

 Marmalade made green cupcakes.

 My little brother is busy destroying balloons from my little sister's birthday party.

 My mum started her new job today so she's even more stressed than usual.

 But this is what I really wanted to say: I have more story ideas than I have stories. I keep thinking of new characters, or concepts, and before I know it, all my stories have sequels... Most of them are originally meant to be one-offs, but the sequels are just too awesome to ignore! And then the first story gets forgotten because it seems boring compared to the sequel.

 Speaking of boring... I always talk about stories on this blog, don't I?

 Anyway, I've invented a sequel character who I like a lot. He's a teenage mad scientist. He lives in his workshop where he invents steam- and clockwork-powered stuff. He has a pet weasel. (Why not?) He often walks around with the weasel around his neck, like a living scarf. He likes to eat ice cream and his favourite place is Edinburgh. His social skills are truly terrible. He may be autistic, like my brother and I - he has some of the same problems. He also has a motorbike; a huge, loud one which he built himself. But he doesn't always use it. Sometimes when he goes off on the bizarre, secretive night-time missions which only he knows about, he travels over the rooftops. The unplanned sequel starts with him crashing through the main character's roof. (She lives in a tumbledown barn.)

 So, there's another character profile for you. Hope you like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment