Friday 26 October 2012

Hello, world

     Hi. My name is Alimonsoon and I am 13 years old. I have wanted to start a blog for a while now (I want to be a writer, and everyone says that blogging is good practise) but I've never known what to write about. Then, when I was in the car on the way to the dentist (in case you wanted to know) I had the idea of making the blog my memories page, because I think that creating memories is important. This is how it started out:
     For a long time, I have known that I wanted to do something amazing when I was thirteen. It was quite a random desire, but I want to be able to look back and say 'Ah, yes. I did that when I was thirteen'.
     But you know how it is with deadlines. My 14th birthday will be in December, and then I will not be 13 any more and will have run out of time. It got to October and I hadn't done anything. So I joined a school trip to the Somme Valley in France, where what is described as the bloodiest battle in the First World War took place. I wasn't sure if it would be special enough; it was only a three-day trip and the first day wasn't very promising. In fact, it was verging on boring. The second day didn't get off to a good start either: I almost didn't have enough time to have a shower and, at breakfast, the only thing that I wasn't allergic to was the toast. The French just don't seem to understand nut allergies. But the good thing about the day was when we went into a field - one of the muddiest fields in the entire world - and collected some WWI memorabilia: shrapnel ball, pieces of barbed wire and fragments of shells. One boy found a whole eighteen-pounder shell case which everyone told him he should sell online.
     And then, on the third day, it was amazing. I'll tell you about it now that I have finally started my blog. I probably won't mind if no-one actually reads it. You are under no obligation.

No comments:

Post a Comment